Natural Assets KAN webinar
- Published: Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:39
Future Earth invites you to a webinar on the development of the Natural Assets Knowledge-Action Network (KAN) on Monday 17 October 2016. It will be held at two different times to accommodate time zones.
Time 1: 6h00 am UTC / Hosted by the Paris-Hub (Hannah Moersberger and Edouard Michel) and chaired by Engagement Committee member, Prof Tim Payn; To join the conversation for this time zone, go to: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/569452285
Time 2: 12h00 pm UTC / Hosted by the Montreal-Hub (Anne-Hélène Prieur Richard, Alyson Surveyer and Jean-Patrick Toussaint) and chaired by Science Committee member, Prof Sandra Diaz; To join the conversation for this time zone, go to: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/679460733
The Natural Assets KAN aims to mobilize a community of researchers and practitioners interested in achieving a scientifically-based, sustainable and fair stewardship of terrestrial, freshwater and marine natural assets underpinning human wellbeing.
The objectives of this webinar are to:
1) Give updates on the status of the Natural Assets KAN following the closing of the call for Expression of Interest (EoI);
2) Share some scoping ideas for research that emerged from the proposals we received through the EoI (synthesis document to be sent shortly);
3) Share some funding opportunities that may be of interest to this community;
4) Establish the next steps and activities within this KAN (e.g. establishment of a Development Team; potential scoping workshops etc.)
This webinar is open to all who showed interest in participating in the KAN and all members of the Future Earth community.